It is difficult to decide which movies are better than others, especially with such a diverse group of genres. All of these movies are the best of their own genres, and other than that can’t be ordered one over the other. I ordered the first five as movies you will truly be missing out on if you do not see, and six through nine are just great movies.
1. Beasts of the Southern Wild: A unique film that deals with the hardships of life, and the beauty of this struggle. It is a magical realist story, and done on a low budget. The acting in this movie will blow audiences away.
2. Moonrise Kingdom: Wes Anderson’s 8th movie is a true masterpiece. Attention to detail, scenery, acting, story, themes, culture, message, comedy, drama: It’s all there in a way only Wes Anderson could accomplish.
3. Les Miserables: a film first, the actors sing live on camera, making the acting, theatrics and music a performance you don’t want to miss.
4. The Dark Knight Rises: The finale to the trilogy does not disappoint.
5. Perks of Being A Wallflower: The best coming of age movie since John Hughes. Gives a poignant commentary on the misconceptions and struggles that are a part of growing up.
6. Django Unchained: A truly entertaining movie. Perhaps too violent and disturbing for some audiences, but for those who can handle it, a great film and incredibly entertaining.
7. Skyfall: The best out of the recent Bond movies, with a truly frightening Bond villain, who rivals with the classics. A great action film.
8. The Hobbit: For those who are overly critical, and find things to dislike about movies based on books, go see this, and I will laugh as you try and say it’s a bad movie. While not as grand as the Trilogy, it does not fail in capturing the story and mood of The Hobbit.
9. The Avengers: A truly entertaining and satisfying superhero movie. It had to make the list.
This list are movies that I am embarrassed to say I have not seen yet (Go see these movies; they would have made the list).
1. The Master
5. The Cabin in the Woods
6. Life Of Pi