Well…That’s a Wrap

Well…That’s a Wrap

As the semester draws to a close, I look back on the events that have happened with joy, yet a bit of sadness that yet another year has flown by so quickly. It has been a great honor to be on the editorial staff of The Beggar Blade working with a group of wonderfully talented student writers. I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to write articles in the past. Your contributions make The Beggar Blade what it is.

Even though the future of Providence, and therefore The Beggar Blade, is uncertain, it is my belief that a student run newspaper is an important tool for students to gain writing experience, express their voice, and interact with the school and surrounding community. I hope to see some form of a news outlet for students continue next year even as changes develop.

As always, student feedback is extremely valuable in shaping future years of our school newspaper. Notes and Asides Editor, Marissa Branson, has put together a short survey so that students can directly give feedback regarding the content of the website. Please take a few minutes out of your hectic finals week to let us know what you like, dislike, and would like to see differently on the website. All comments will be taken into consideration as we seek to expand the newspaper and deliver information to the Providence community.

As this is the last edition of The Beggar Blade this semester, I want to leave you with a bit of encouragement from Scripture to help with finals week and the uncertainty that lies ahead for many of us.

Hebrews 12: 1-2:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.